March 30, 2016

Every year I send a 12 x 12" piece to the national SAQA auction.  This year I have given a piece called "Askance".  Do you see that surprised little face?  I'm happy to report that this piece has been sold, benefiting SAQA.

March 11, 2016

I finished "Follow the Quilter's Road" today, and will save it for a Mountain Art Quilters challenge called Journeys, to be revealed in April.  This was part of a much bigger quilt that just wasn't working.  I hacked off the top, added a little here and there, and then...

September 30, 2015

This summer has been a productive time for learning new surface design techniques.  With the help of Mountain Art Quilters' member Ginny Lee, I learned to make soy wax batiks and indigo dyed fabrics.  Here's a couple of photos with samples of these techniques.  It was...

September 9, 2015

This small piece is composed of a number of scraps from my "special pieces" basket, some dyed, some painted or discharged.  The yellow piece is a batik I made with soy wax and Setacolor paint.  Then I added lots of threads, free motion and with my walking foot.  It's j...

August 6, 2015

Portals #2 is no more!  The piece was too complicated, confusing and generally not attractive.....so I cut it up.  I now have Reconstruction #'s 1 through 6.  This was an interesting and challenging project which I think is pretty successful.  I will post just one of t...

July 3, 2015

Here's another little piece.  It's made with a lot of hand dyed fabric plus boxes stitched on top, then brown boxes with paint.  Layers of fabric, thread and paint.  Just for fun.

 

June 3, 2015

That's the name of this new piece, just finished.  I used lots of different patterns in fabric and quilting with this one.  It's only 25 x 17"--just a quick study.  A couple of the fabrics are commercial pieces, in addition to my usual hand dyeds and discharged pieces....

June 2, 2015

I have just finished the second piece in my Portals series.  It features the papery material purchased from Ananse Village at PIQF last year.  It was constructed in three panels, then overlapped and stitched down with a single piece of backing.  I reached out a bit mor...

April 26, 2015

My new 12 x 12" piece for the SAQA Auction, and I'm calling it Spirit Trees.  It's constructed from a piece of hand-dyed cotton sateen and several small bits of discharged black cotton.  I've inserted lots of teeny, tiny lines here and there.  I'll be taking it with me...

April 26, 2015

It took me more than a month to do all the detailed piecing and quilting on this wall hanging, which has a star block pattern at it's origin.  I overlapped the blocks, added shadows, and hand-painted the background sateen fabric.  There a lots of surface design techniq...

Please reload

  • Twitter Metallic
  • s-facebook