Flowers in the Forest
I just finished this piece for the Mountain Art Quilters challenge called Into the Woods. It is composed of 156 "units" (12 x 13) and a dark strip along the bottom. It's so much fun to work with values to create an impression of light shining through the quilt.
I stenciled impressionistic flowers across the bottom with paint sticks, but the value was too dark. So, after quilting them, I grabbed a jar of pearl Luminaire paint and highlighted each flower.
Then I did more quilting over the body of the piece and faced all the edges. My husband says it needs something more on the top, but I call it "done"!